The Weight of Washington: Releasing Our ’11-’12 Annual Report
Now celebrating our 5th year as one of the few state-based coalitions in the country focused on sustainable solutions for childhood obesity, we are proud to release our July 2011-June 2012 Annual Report. This past year, the Childhood Obesity Prevention has grown both in terms of size and strength, as we have never been more confident that Washington State can be a place for a healthier generation.
In our Annual Report, you will find:
- A Message from Our Director: The Weight of Washington
- State, local and federal efforts that our coalition helped move this year
- Plans to continue our work in sugary drink reduction, procurement,childcare standards, healthy transportation, and other critical areas in the coming legislative session
- Funding and membership updates
- COPC communications and media highlights over the past year
We hope that this report will serve as a high-level summary of a great deal of work that COPC and its members poured into the past 12 months and into the fight against childhood obesity. We also help that it will encourage others who hope to join the fight in Washington or engage in similar work in other parts of the country to contact us with questions.
Stay tuned for our ’12-’13 policy platform, including our priorities for the next legislative session!
Click on the image above for our Annual Report.